for Kentucky Music Teachers
University Tuba Day,
Saturday April 10, 2010
Institute, June 6–9, 2010, University of Notre
- 2009 Musicplay Workshop
Saturday, June 27th, 2009
University of Lexington, Kentucky - Singletary Center
9:30 - 12:30
Education Week in Washington, DC, June 24–29
2009 Musicplay Workshop Topics -
Multicultural Music your students will love!
- lessons using songs and singing games from
a variety of cultures: Maori, Native
American, Korean, African, Spanish, American
Recorder Ensembles for Grades 4-6
- moving from unison recorder to ensembles is possible for ALL your students
- bring alto, tenor and bass recorders to play through kid-friendly ensembles
- see how using Smartboard or computer/projector can enhance your recorder teaching
- purchasing choral octavos costs more than
most elementary school budgets allow. Sing
through music for the elementary choir that
you can photocopy!
If you enjoyed Denise’s sessions at KMEA 2009, you’ll
enjoy this workshop.
This is not a repeat of the presentations at KMEA! To register, email Denise at email@example.com
- Kentucky Center for the Arts - Summer Art Academies
- Morehead State University, Baird Music Hall
July 2, 2009, 8:30 am
FREE - Just bring some food and ideas to share
6-hour professional development certificate is given
presented in combination with District 8 of KMEA.
Contact Christine at Christine.Holajter@mason.kyschools.us
- Levels I and II of Kodaly Training
Morehead State University, Baird Music Hall
July 6 - July 17
$500 for the entire training or you can take part of it for less. The cost of housing is minimal if you need it - $9.50/day.
This training lasts weekdays all day for two weeks and gives 75 professional development hours OR 5 hours of graduate credit if you sign up for the classes.
Contact June Grice at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
History Conference in Danville, Friday, June
12, 2009 (on hiatus for 2010)
Summer Band Symposium (on hiatus for 2010)
(American Choral Directors Association) Summer Conference