Arts Education: Building Capacity for Great Arts Programs
June 14th and 15th, 2017, The Galt House, Louisville, KY
The second annual Arts Education Summit focuses on the resources needed to build capacity for strong arts education programs for all Kentucky students and will address:
- The roles of Arts Educators,
- Building Leadership through Arts Education,
- Formative and Summative Assessment in the Visual and Performing Arts,
- Opportunity to Learn Standards,
- Successful Model Programs and more.
Come to learn, share your knowledge, begin and renew connections with other arts educators, and discover what’s happening in arts education around our state as we connect to create new pathways in arts education!
Two full days of Professional Development credit. Registration Fee: $30.00.
Credit card users register and pay here. (This link also for use at no cost by administrators, school board members, and legislators) Online pre-registration is closed.
To pay with check or school P.O., use this form.
Here is the KCAE-Save-the-Date-Flyer
Keynote Speakers include Dr. Stephen Pruitt, Kentucky Commissioner of Education
- Explore Topics Essential to the Growth of Arts Education in Kentucky
- Breakout Sessions for Classroom Educators
Building Leadership through Arts Education
The leadership strand description may be accessed here.
- Lodging for the conference will be at the Galt House. Rates, not including state and local taxes, are listed below. Businesses and individuals must pay state and local tax. Schools and non-profit organizations may be exempt from state tax, but local tax will apply.
|Room||Single Rate||Double Rate||Triple Rate||Quad Rate|
|RIVUE Tower Deluxe Guestroom||$129||$139||$149||$159|
|SUITE Tower Executive Suite||$159||$169||$179||$189|
- Online means of reserving rooms linked here
- Alternatively, you may call 1-800-843-4258 to make reservations. When prompted for the group name, state “Arts Education Summit.”
- 30 days prior to the event (May 15), the unused portion of the room block will be returned to the hotel for sale to the general public.
This conference coordinated and sponsored by: The Kentucky Coalition for Arts Education and its member organizations* in collaboration with The Kentucky Department of Education. Additional funding provided by the Kentucky Arts Council.
*Kentucky Art Education Association; Kentucky Music Educators Association; Kentucky Theater Association; Kentucky Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance