February 5–8, 2020; Louisville, Kentucky
The KMEA Annual Professional Development Conference typically begins on the first Wednesday after February 1. Future conference date: February 3–6, 2021
2020 “Smart Person” Online Pre-registration CLOSED (Not for use with school POs—Use Mail-in/FAX/Scan form below)
(When paying with check or signed PO, use the mail-in form below.) To properly access the above online form, Active or Retired members must be logged in. Those not logged in will have access to the Non-member, CNAfME, and Administrator options.
2020 “Smart-Person” Mail-in/FAX/Scan Pre-registration CLOSED
Use the above form when paying with check or signed PO. This form also allows for the use of credit card.
Download and complete the above form to bring with payment for onsite registration. Also, hard copies will be available onsite. DO NOT MAIL THIS FORM TO KMEA. IT WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. ACCOMPANYING CHECKS WILL BE DESTROYED.
2020 On-site Registration Costs
- $100 — KMEA Members
- $50 — Spouse (who is a KMEA member)
- $130 — Non-member/guest
- Free — CNAfME member
- Free — Current KMEA Retired member
- Free — School Administrator
2020 Conference Clinic Handouts – not yet available
All-State Concert Tickets for All-State Jazz Ensemble
- All-State Jazz Ensemble Concert tickets are $15, and they can be purchased between TBD and January 31, 2020 from the KMEA State Office in advance by calling (859) 626-5635.
- Tickets will also be available at the concert, which will be in the Galt House Hotel Ballroom.
All-State Concert Tickets for Kentucky Children’s Chorus/Kentucky Junior High Chorus/All-State Choir/All-State Band/All-State Orchestra
- Tickets will go on sale at the Kentucky Center starting TBD. They may be ordered online, or by phone at 502-584-777 or 800-775-7777.
- All tickets sold by phone or over the web are $15 plus per ticket handling fee.
- American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover accepted
- Tickets at the door will cost $15.00.
- Tickets for all choral performances will be reserved seating.
- Tickets for all-state bands and orchestras will be general seating.
Years-of-Service Award Application: Link
Past and Future Conferences
2021 Conference Dates – February 3–6, 2021
- 2021 Conference Performance Application – not yet available
- 2021 Conference Clinic Proposal Application
- 2020 Fall Collegiate Conference Clinic Proposal Application
1. Complete the linked survey with the clinic information
2. Email any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Deadline—March 1, 2019
4. Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance will be issued by June 3, 2019
Clinic topics that are of highest interest to the attendees are listed below. Those with expertise in one of these areas should be encouraged to apply.
- Rehearsal techniques/methods
- Performance styles/practices
- Program review
- Classroom management
- Reading sessions
- Teaching techniques/methods
- Special learners
The Clinic Selection Meeting for the 2019 Fall Collegiate Conference and the 2020 KMEA Conference will occur on March 16, 2019.
Future Conference Dates (tentative):
- February 3–6, 2021
- February 2–5, 2022
- February 8–11, 2023
- February 7–10, 2024
- February 5–8, 2025