February 8–11, 2017; Louisville, Kentucky
The KMEA Annual Professional Development Conference typically begins on the first Wednesday after February 1. Future conference dates: February 7–10, 2018; February 6–9, 2019; February 5–8, 2020; February 3–6, 2021
2017 “Smart Person” Online Pre-registration is now closed
2017 “Smart-Person” Mail-in Pre-registration can no longer be accepted
2017 On-site Registration Costs
- $100 — KMEA Members
- $50 — Spouse (who is a KMEA member)
- $130 — Non-member/guest
- Free — CNAfME member
- Free — Current KMEA Retired member
- Free — Administrator
All-State Concert Tickets for All-State Jazz Ensemble
- All-State Jazz Ensemble Concert tickets are $12, and they can be purchased between December 15, 2016 and February 3, 2017 from the KMEA State Office in advance by calling (859) 626-5635.
- Tickets will also be available at the concert, which will be in the Galt House Hotel Ballroom.
All-State Concert Tickets for Kentucky Children’s Chorus/Kentucky Junior High Chorus/All-State Choir/All-State Band/All-State Orchestra
- Tickets will go on sale at the Kentucky Center starting December 18. They may be ordered online at www.kentuckycenter.org or by phone at 502-584-777 or 800-775-7777.
- All tickets sold by phone or over the web are $12 plus $1.50 per ticket handling fee.
- American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover accepted
- Tickets at the door will cost $12.00.
- Tickets for all choral performances will be reserved seating.
- Tickets for all-state bands and orchestras will be general seating.
Years-of-Service Award Application – Closed for 2017 Conference
Past and Future Conferences
2018 Conference Performance Application
2018 Conference Clinic Proposal Application – Closed
2017 Fall Collegiate Conference Clinic Proposal Application – Closed
The topics of highest interest to the attendees are listed below. Those with expertise in one of these areas should be encouraged to apply.
- Rehearsal techniques/methods
- Performance styles/practices
- Program review
- Classroom management
- Reading sessions
- Teaching techniques/methods
- Special learners
1. Complete the linked survey with the clinic information.
2. Email any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Deadline—March 1, 2017
4. Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance will be issued by June 1, 2017
The Clinic Selection Meeting for the 2018 KMEA Conference and the 2017 Fall Collegiate Conference will occur in March, 2017.